Friday, June 23, 2006

Update
Thanks everyone for your thought and prayers. I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that Brian and I were right about the due date. He or She will be due the middle of January, the 14th to be exact. The baby waved at me when Dr. Holt did the ultrasound. Other than that s/he is where s/he is supposed to be, with a beautiful head and a great, healthy heart. My morning sickness, for the most part, has subsided. Sadly, it took full on aversion therapy at the yearly crawfish boil for it to end. Let's just say I will never be able to eat the little buggers again, but I haven't been sick since.
Brian also pronounced me an incredibly cheap date since wine is no longer an option and chocolate doesn't taste, I don't know, right anymore. It is amazing how something so tiny can change your life so completely before it is even on this planet. I have this overwhelming knowledge that my body is no longer my own, and everything I do is controlled by a tiny bundle of cells that I can't feel yet and don't know if it is there but it exists. That is why can't call she or he "it" even though right now it is an "it" as those parts are barely developed and still look alike. I apologize for the s/he, I just can't figure out a better way to say it.
On other fronts, Lindy and Kicker are coming up this weekend and we are cleaning. Brian is very happy to become a senior resident in a few days and for his mini-vacation (today is New Year's Day- ain't comp time grand). I am still enjoying my part-time "fun job" at Michaels and the cats are sleeping in the newly purchased bassinet. I am not sure how the animals will react to a new creature in the home, we are predicting that the dog will love her, and the cats will hate her and blame the dog for her existence. Has anyone found a site of MP3's that are household sounds, like a baby crying?

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

I just used 'baby' as a pronoun a lot, basically. Are youall going to try to find out the sex further down the line?

I'm sorry chocolate tastes funny. That didn't happen with me. I might be thinner now if it had.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

More momly advice:

When it comes to diapers, go generic. Everyone told me that I'd regret not using brand names, but since Target diapers are half as much, I ignored that.

Well, the other day some ladies brought left over Brand Names their babies had outgrown to group. I took a few. As a result, I ended up soaked several times. Target and Costco diapers? Nary a leak. Pampers? I ended up covered in pee three times. Go generic.

Good luck with the pets. We don't have cats, but our hound adjusted pretty well.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home