Sunday, June 04, 2006

News: a somewhat loaded blog entry


So Brian finally gave me the password to post on the blog. Here is the bad news. After much soul searching I have decided that I am not going to be a pediatrician anymore. I might rejoin a residency somewhere once I Brian leaves, but I cannot do pediatric residency in Kentucky. I am still not sure what I am going to do now that I am "retired" but I am sure some of my time will be taken up by the much bigger news of this:
We are going to be parents.
I am due (according to the calendar, but not by our calculations) at the very end of December. So we will be having a snow baby. I am joining Claudia on the whole, good grief, what can I eat thing, but for those keeping score I have given up alcohol and the occasional stress induced cigarette. Morning sickness sucks, but it does mean that The Football, as Brian has dubbed it, is pumping out the hormones it needs to be healthy. I am busy knitting for it, and looking for deals on baby stuff where I can find them.
Our friends here have been extremely supportive, even if they are a bit weirded out by the news. We are the first in our little group here to have a baby, so it seems strange. Especially as I am no longer invited to go to the bars with our single friends, which I really did enjoy. So in short, we are scared but happy and will be in Lexington for the next two years and then hitting the road for parts unknown with a baby in tow.
Heather

8 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Congrats guys. Thanks for sharing your news.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow. Big news and bigger news! Congratulations and good luck. Hope you start feeling better soon!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Mazel Tov!

Sorry the morning sickness is rough. The food thing gets easier, and then may get harder again (and I still can't eat bell peppers or onions without odd reactions, which started in the third trimester and seems to be weirdly permenant).

We're the first in our group here to have kids too. It can be a little awkward, but tiny babies can be wonderfully portable.

11:08 PM  
Blogger richard said...

Congrats you two!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads!

Tad

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! film editing schools

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.gps-car-navigation-2.info Pbs realty camping equipment Celexa ejaculatory delay Insurance womans sexual health

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

find nice favorite site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_f13?tab=Comments] ambien cr side effects [/url]

http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_f13?tab=Comments
[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_f13?tab=Comments] side effects of ambien [/url]

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home