Saturday, January 28, 2006


Almost Purple Haze


I have almost cloned Purple Haze. Wa-ha-ha. The picture here shows my very own raspberry wheat concoction. (I couldn't help but drink it down an inch or so before taking the picture). The glassware was courtesy of a Pazzo's pint night some time back (you get a free glass from whatever beer is on special), hence, when Abita Purple Haze was the special one night, we nabbed a pair of Abita glasses.

For full disclosure, my raspberry wheat recipe needs to cut back about half of the raspberries and needs maybe a little more wheat character before I can more closely approximate my goal. Also, it seems a little dark here, but I think some of that is the lighting in the picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

awesome! glad to hear you've joined the brewing fold. you're most welcome.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer!

Can't go wrong with that. Now I wonder if you have any friends that can help with the creation of something even better then beer.

Whiskey is the one true drink.

Tad

7:13 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Looks great! Grain + extract?

Welcome to the dark side. I've been brewing up a storm this year. Need to take more pictures.

As to whiskey...

Distilling may be illegal. Even in Kentucky. However, if you're interested, I can get a killer moonshine recipe from my Arkansas relatives.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, grain and extract together. I don't have the time to brew all-grain. I can barely put this together.

Unfortunately, even in Kentucky distilling is illegal without a distilling license, which I think is relatively hard to get. On the otherhand, unless one advertises, how would they find out?

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! culinary school Honda pilot pictures roche tamiflu Women hiking calgary trenz license plate frames http://www.aboutneurontin.info/neurontin-attorneys.html car cover les Massy university Retirement and planning and consultants and careers 95 isuzu online manual Free backpacks for kids reservations for northwest airlines culinary school in villa santa maria italy bulington coat factory

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home