Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Emma

Claudia and Jon have definitely taken the biggest step toward an actual family. We only this week got our first dog together. We now have an 11-month old mix from the Woodford County shelter. Yes, the same Woodford county as the bourbon, for anyone familiar. She is definitely a mix, but is reportedly mostly Catahoula leopard dog.

Guess where we were going on vacation? We were going to Key West. WERE. Stupid hurricane. Stupid late-season, biggest hurricane ever. Phooey. What kind of name is Wilma anyway? The funny thing is that one of the higher-ups in my department has been planning on a trip to a meeting there, so we had a discussion on what to do with airline credits. Not much this time of year, apparently. According to Travelocity, it's not too late to book a last-minute flight to beautiful Cleveland. Or maybe Moline, IL.

I just noticed the pile of books by my bed and thought this was a strange mix for my current reading projects:

Neuroradiology
House of Leaves
The Dobsonian Telescope
Diagnosis of Stupor and Coma
The Zombie Survival Guide
Insider's Guide to the Florida Keys (I guess that one's on hold in favor of: )
Seattle and the Pacific Northwest

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I take it Emma is the new dog's name?

7:06 PM  
Blogger richard said...

congrats on the dog.... and sorry about the trip, that really blows.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

yes ... and we at least get credit with Delta for another flight in the next year

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Emma is the dog's name. She is the bestest dog in the whole wide world. Even our grumpy friend Matt loves her. He also fed her lots of apple chicken sausage so he is now her favorite person ever. The cats, however are pissed

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Congrats on the new dog and sorry about the trip. You know there are never hurricanes in AZ...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Orendon said...

WOW! What a great site you have here. I found it from my search for autoimmune syndrome and it's a cut above the others. Even though my research lead me here and the revelance may not be exact, your content is very beneficial and rewarding. Here's some of me results regarding autoimmune syndrome

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better use that Delta soon. Seems they are going quickly into the night... as they say.

Tad

1:41 PM  
Anonymous open365dayz said...

Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via playboy. Although I was looking for playboy I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home