Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What, a countdown? I would never start that 638 hours before the last internal medicine I ever have to do.

Sigh. Again. Sigh. Let's review internal medicine. People have bad hearts, they have belly pain, they have abscesses in strange places, they have bad kidneys. But alas, understanding and dealing with these problems is necessary before moving on to more interesting things, like cutting edge neurovascular interventions for stroke treatment or deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's. Just a few hundred more hours until I'm there.

Then there's my other countdown. Sometime in mid-July Auburn will start selling tickets to non-season-ticket-holders, meaning I can go online and get tickets for the AU-UK game in November, and more imporantly get to sit in the correct section. I'm definitely down to thinking about the important things in life at this point. I don't even know if I would be off that day, but I can make something happen if need be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

What happens when you finish the residency?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

My residency is a 4-year deal, of which the first year consists of internal medicine, before moving on to the 3 years of neurology. Finishing the 4 years is so far away (37.5 months) that I haven't even thought about what comes next. I think it's something about signing a contract and gettinga job. I'm just focused on finishing the first miserable year right now.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Ah, so the later 3 years you get to work in your chosen line. Wow. Yeah, I hadn't realized residency was so long. Glad you guys seem to like Kentucky okay.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... film editing classes

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP dietary+supplements buy bontril Handmade bird toys South beach tv

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home