Sunday, January 09, 2005

Oops.

I forgot I had a blog. Mostly. Really not much has been going on. Traveled to see both sets of parents before and after Christmas, since we were both working on Christmas day. Now we're both on rotations that involve a medium amount of work and time, when looked at in relation to other rotations. In the last week I've worked less than 60 hours. Woo-hoo.

Part of my Christmas was an X-box which included NCAA Football 2005. I am now able to dissect all sorts of scenarios, while enjoying football year round. But like any simulation, or whatever you'd call it, which is put out towards the beginning of a season, small inaccuracies abound. Not that I'm criticizing; quite the opposite. It's interesting to see things, like what Alabama could have been like with a 1st string QB. Damn good, is what. Or that without Al Borges, how mediocre once again, Auburn's offense would have been. The game's default is for Auburn to run the offense of Noel Mazzone from 2003, which was unimaginative and doomed to fail. The key is to select for Auburn the Indiana playbook (which of the options in the game best reflects the 2004 playbook) and substitute #23 in for #44 at FB. Much more like the actual offense this year. OK, so maybe 1-2 people reading this will know what I'm talking about.

Less than a month to Mardi Gras!! We are determined to have some sort of Mardi Gras party this year. How to make a hurricane....

It has been freakishly warm here. It's Jan 9 and I've seen snow twice. Not what I expected, but according to the crack team at NBC 18, this is not the usual Jan weather here. I'm sure freezing temps are on their way again.

8 Comments:

Blogger richard said...

I'm so with you on Mardi Gras. We're hoping to be a bit more festive this year as well. I may even brew a "Mardi Gras" Ale... whatever the hell that is.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Well done with the offensive playbook tweaks for Auburn. That is my main dislike of both NCAA and Madden is you don't really get to play with the teams that show up.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

For further explanation for anyone possibly not in the know, Auburn's current offensive coordinator, Al Borges, was formerly at Indiana; thus, the Indiana playbook is so strongly reflective of this year's plays. Though I've never seen the Maryland I run anywhere by any team. Way too many running backs in a row. But I do love having 250 lb running backs lining up at WR. Pretty collisions when those guys get to the secondary.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey Richard,
speaking of Mardi Gras ale, last year Blue Bell had a "Mardi Gras flavor" ice cream, that was the freakin bomb. I mean awesome. Too bad we're just north of the Blue Bell line. It had vanilla, amaretto, and some other really good flavor.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Blue Bell had one? There's a Blue Bell creamery like 20 miles from where my mother lives, but none around here. Too bad. Also not much point in me doing anything Mardi Gras here in Tucson, although maybe we could invite the gaming crew. They're usually up for anything that involves alcohol and cooking :)

A few coworkers here have traveled to Stennis and have asked me New Orleans questions. My favorite exchange was probably this one.

CW: I don't get the bead thing. What's the point of the bead thing?
Me: When were you there?
CW: November.
Me: There is no point to beads in November.

My step-mother's father also seems to think that Mardi Gras is a dance club. Then again, these are the same people who were shocked I haven't hired an illegal to clean my house, so ignorance on their part shouldn't suprise me.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home