Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

College football is going strong now. Of course, this weekend there are no games of note. I think that the most entertaining game of all might be Alabama-Arkansas, and I don't even like either team. Alas, I will have more time for the important things in life.

I am no beginning my last week in the ICU's at the VA. Finally. Actually, the second half of the month on Cardiology and CCU has not been bad at all. Patients with problems that can be addressed and fixed. Much nicer situation than the hopeless patients in the other unit.

Oct 1 I begin my month-long rotation at a small-town hospital in eastern Kentucky. I'm really not sure what to expect from it. Supposedly I will have weekends off, which I have not had since July. That will make almost any level of work/abuse during the week worth it.

October 8-30 also coincides with the fall racing meet at Keeneland. It's an awesome atmosphere. The weather's just right and limiting live racing to two 3-week periods a year makes everyone get that much more into it. I've been trying to learn a little more about horse racing, both the actual racing aspects as well as the wagering aspects, so that I'm picking horses based on more than just "Wow, I like that name. That's clever". Unfortunately, we probably won't make it to Founders Day, where everyone comes to the track wearing 1930's garb. It really does look like Seabiscuit.

I'm also looking forward to the leaves changing color soon, although that will herald colder temperatures of course. I haven't lived somewhere that the leaves change color in fall in 11 years. And Heather has never lived where leaves truly change color. I mean, we saw the leaves last fall, but this year, they are our leaves on our trees in our yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

One of the few things I really miss about Champaign was how lovely it was in the autumn. My office was near the campus and I drove down a street that was literally tree-lined. In the fall, the leaves turned a variety of browns, yellows, oranges, and red. The falling ones would swirl around the car as I drove into work. That was a pretty neat thing to see. (Alas, in those days, I had no digital camera.)

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. motorcycle insurance perfumes Flat panel televisions albatron 852 x 1024 pixels Allergy free air filter Destin fl fishing Neuropsychology of weight loss measuring body fat Fairfax realty inc Picture adipex list of famous baseball players Hdtm+lasik Fax manuals wellbutrin

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home