Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Still going

I really thought that Ken was going to blow it tonight. Ol' boy came through though.

So residency is going OK so far. Two weeks in. 206 weeks to go. Tomorrow will be my last day on the gastroenterology rotation. Although it has absolutely nothing to do with neurology, I will miss it because it was nice and easy.

Next, I start night float cross coverage. Ie, that scenario where one inexperienced doctor is alone (not exactly) with all the patients all night every night for two weeks. Nothing can go wrong there, right? Since this is the modern era, there is backup available in the hospital, so it's not like "the good old days" where it really was one person for the whole hospital. It should be interesting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I had the day off work the Friday before the 4th of July, and I too was riveted by Ken the Machine. Unfortunately, I'm never home in time to see him on a regular basis. Also unfortunately, is that Taylor told me what eventually happens, since all these shows were taped this past winter.

Good luck with the floating.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

My answer to not being home at the right time: DVR.

Although taped last winter, these are first-run episodes right? How does Taylor know what eventually happens?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I read an article about it.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home