Thursday, April 22, 2004

Yes Yes, I know it has been a while since I made an entry. We've been on the road a lot in the last two weeks. We went up to Lexington for a few days and found a house that we should be closing on next month. Apparently all realtors have listening problems. After some distressing showings at nondescript, crackerbox, "house-farm" suburban subdivisions where every house looks the same and there is zero landscaping or trees, we found the perfect house. It is a unique design, convenient location, and has nice trees and landscaping. And despite the convenience of vinyl, one must admit that vinyl is ugly. Therefore we have no vinyl whatsoever. Brick and cedar. We love our house.

Quite a lot goes into closing apparently: inspection, appraisal, insurance, and a myriad of smaller things. Then there are the fun items like deciding which rooms will need to be repainted, which light fixtures are ugly enough that they need replacing, and so on.

While we were there we went to our very first horse race at Keeneland. Over an hour and a half, and not having much idea what we were doing, we won $5 betting. Just enough to pay for a daiquiri. It was awesome. Horse racing can be addictive I think because it convinces people that if they learn enough about horses and racing, that they can actually predict which horse will win, whatever the odds are. Much like baseball, some horses and baseball teams are clearly better than others, but enough random events go into each race/game that on any given day to predict the winner of that event immediately before the event is damn near impossible. However, I a complete novice, picked a winner and a placer in 2 out of 3 races that I watched and netted $5. And it was a helluva good time.

Which brings me to my next point, I have got to get to the driving range soon. Enough said.

Anyway, my blog is not dead. I've just had better things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home